Learn More About Boston Sex Crime Offenses
Sex Crime Attorney in Boston, MA
Due to their serious nature, sex crimes result in severe sentences. One of the more minor offenses is indecent exposure, the penalties of which are listed in §272-53 of the Massachusetts General Laws as a jail sentence of up to six months, a fine of up to $200, or both. However, most other sex offenses result in a minimum of 2.5 years in jail and a high fine. The following list provides the penalties for a few of the most common sex crimes:
- Rape – Without injury , up to 20 years in prison. With injury, up to life in prison.
- Statutory rape – 10 years to life in prison.
- Date rape – Use of drugs for the purpose of rape, 10 years to life in prison.
- Sexual abuse – Second or consequent offense, up to 2.5 years in jail or up to 5 years in prison.
- Child molestation – Up to 2.5 years in jail or up to 10 years in prison.
- Solicitation – Up to 7 years in jail and/or a $500 fine.
- Solicitation of a minor – Prison for 3-5 years and a $5,000 fine.
- Sex with a minor – Jail for up to 2.5 years or prison for up to 3 years, and/or a fine of $1,000.
- Child pornography – 10-20 years in prison and/or a $10,000-$50,000 fine.
Retain a Boston Sex Crime Lawyer
After being arrested for a sex crime, make sure that you understand your rights and how you can defend them. Call Keegan Law today if you have been charged with any of the crimes above. Our legal team has nearly four decades of combined experience and could provide your case with attentive and aggressive representation. Your initial consultation is free, so call now to learn how we could fight for you!